Amicable Collection - Montreal
We serve individuals in Montreal and Rive-Sud.
Located in Montreal, Foisy Labrecque, Huissiers de justice specializes in the settlement of amicable debts.
Bailiffs working for private individuals, businesses and company managers
You have not taken legal action to recover a sum of money you are entitled to yet?
Are you hesitating to take legal action to enforce your claim?
Foisy Labrecque, Huissiers de justice, offers you another way of recovering your debt. Whether you are an individual, a landlord, a retailer or a company manager, you can rely on our experience.
This approach consists in ordering a debtor (individual or company) to pay their debt. Foisy Labrecque, Huissiers de justice will send a formal notice and request for payment that instructs us to recover the debt. In addition, you must include supporting documents (invoice(s) and/or statement of account) indicating the total amount to be paid. The bailiff will visit the debtor's home or place of work in order to obtain full payment. If applicable and following your acceptance, we can arrange for a payment by instalments with the debtor.
Nous vous aidons à faire valoir votre créance
- Inventory of fixtures or property report
- Enforcement of court decisions
- Amicable collection
- 7 qualified bailiffs
- Extensive legal expertise and knowledge
- Thoroughness, diplomacy and professionalism
Information regarding the amicable debt collection process
You must send us the formal notice in duplicate (original and one copy), with the following information:
- The full name and contact details of the debtor;
- The statement "Without prejudice";
- The statement that you commission Foisy Labrecque, Huissiers de justice, to collect the claim amicably;
- Debt amount;
- A deadline for payment of the claim which can be expressed as follows: "within the following 5 days" or "no later than (date)";
- Your signature.
- Afterwards, the bailiff serves the formal notice and formally requests payment from the defendant (with the possibility of arranging for a payment by instalments).
How we work
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
If the debt is not paid, the next step will be to take legal action to obtain a ruling. Other costs will be added to the debtor's account.