Our business :
- Inventory of fixtures or property report
- Enforcement of court decisions
- Amicable collection
About our firm :
- 7 qualified bailiffs
- Extensive legal expertise and knowledge
- Thoroughness, diplomacy and professionalism
We serve individuals in Montreal, including those from LaSalle borough.
Contact us to book an appointment. 514-368-8219
Located in Montreal, Foisy Labrecque, huissiers de justice specializes in the notification of judicial documents.
Notification by a bailiff
"Notification" is the legal term used to define the delivery of a legal document to the addressee by a bailiff. The document is then delivered by hand to the addressee (or to a person who seems entitled to receive a copy), at his or her home or residence. If the addressee is always absent or refuses to receive the document’s copy, the bailiff may leave it there (in a sealed envelope to ensure its confidentiality) in an appropriate manner according to the Code of Civil Procedure.
It is also possible to serve the document personally to the addressee at his place of work or place of business. If the addressee is absent when the bailiff comes, the latter may deliver the document (in a sealed envelope to ensure its confidentiality) to the person in charge of the premises.
Afterwards, the bailiff shall deliver a statement of service (proof of delivery of the document) to the issuer of the document served, which shall include the following information:
- The judicial district, court and court file number, if applicable;
- Information about the bailiff who served the document;
- The date of service;
- The time of service;
- The address where service was done;
- The nature of the document;
- The name of the recipient;
- The name of the person to whom the document was given and the method of service (by hand or to a person who seems entitled to receive the document or in the mailbox, at the door or in the letter plate, etc.);
- The distance travelled
- A description of the first notification attempt, if applicable;
- The bailiff’s oath;
- The bailiff’s signature.
Delivery of a legal document to the recipient by a bailiff
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
Why should I hire the services of a bailiff to send a document?
You should be aware that it is mandatory for some documents to be served by a bailiff;
- Formal notices;
- Legal procedures;
- Documents of the Régie du logement;
- Expert reports;
- Technological Support Materials;
Some documents must be served by a bailiff